On Friday, June 3, 2016 the Faena Theater in Miami celebrated its grand opening with the highly anticipated world premiere for C’est Rouge!, a sensual and seductive revue set in the intimate 150-seat cabaret-style theater. Blanca Li, internationally celebrated choreographer, orchestrated a fantasyland of beauty, mystery and desire told through enthralling vignettes set to Latin American and Jazz rhythms of the C’est Rouge! band. WGY was there for all of the exciting celebrations!
Hosted by Alan Faena and Ximena Caminos, the evening was enjoyed by a definitive mix from the world of art, design, film and fashion. Revelers included Len Blavatnik, Dwyane Wade, Oribe, Inés Rivero, Romero Britto, Elsa Benitez, Bhakti Baxter, Marvin Ross Friedman & Adrienne Bon Haes, Lee Brian Schrager, Ugo & Sara Colombo, David & Christy Martin, Jonathan & Criselda Breene, Chad & Ilona Oppenheim, George Lindemann, Calyann Barnett, Miky & Leticia Grendene, Kotan Fernandez & Candela Ferro, Iran Issa Khan and Harmony Korine to name a few.
C’est Rouge! guests experienced a memorable show in an enchanting setting cloaked in the grand style of European opera houses juxtaposed with the glamour of 1950s Miami. After the show, the party continued as boldfaced names and guests alike made their way to the clandestine Saxony Bar.
Alan Faena brought together a first-class artistic team, featuring Blanca Li as Director and Choreographer and Dani Morla as Artistic Director.
The fantastical late night show is now open to the public on Fridays and Saturdays with doors opening at 9:30pm and shows starting at 10:30pm at the Faena Theater located on 32nd street and Collins Avenue. Tickets are on sale beginning at $45 and are available through www.ticketmaster.com.
Please see link for images of the event: https://goo.gl/RHZT5z.
The biggest music festival of the year is here in South Florida. EDM Music performed by the best DJs around the globe in the iconic city of Miami is a guaranteed unique experience.
As an insider, we came up with the hot spots of this year’s festival for your convenience.
To add on to the stellar line up and dance hub, on Thursday, March 17th from 2PM – 10PM, leave your mark with Autograf, wander with the dynamic duo Lost Kings, and jam out with Cut Snake. On Friday, March 18th hang out with Mixmag – the world’s biggest dance music and club culture media brand. Proceeding on Saturday, March 19th Spotify & District present: Now We Chill Miami. To wrap upthe weekend on Sunday, March 20th, Crosstown Rebels presents Get Lost Wizardly. Join the venue all weekend-long for networking parties, poolside events, and mega-raves.
- The Surfcomber – Miami Beach
- The Nautilus – Miami Beach
- Fontainebleau – Miami Beach
LIV nightclub is renowned to be the number one party scene in Miami. Located in the flamboyant Fontainebleau Hotel, the night club will host some of the biggest names in the the music industry throughout the week. Here is the official lineup :
Thursday March 17th: Tiesto (with special guest)
Friday March 18th: David Guetta
Saturday March 19th: Calvin Harris
A FEW DO’S AND DON’TS
- DO plan in advance how you’re going to get there. There are plenty of cabs/ubers within the Miami Dade Area. Depending where you are coming from, know transportation should vary between $20-$60.
- DON’T adventure yourself into the festival without any knowledge of where and how to get there. Would you go into the jungle without any plans first? Well the same logic goes here.
- DO stay hydrated and wear sunscreen. The sun is hot and it is unforgiving. You may not realize it, but stand out there too long and you’ll pay for it later on
- DON’T spend the entire festival with your phone out. Sure the videos and pictures will be awesome. But live for the moment! You’ll be surrounded by people from all across the globe along some of the most famous DJs in the industry, so enjoy your time! You can always re-live the experience through your memories.
- DO have the best time of your life!!
Have fun & Be safe