Happy New Year!
The WGY Team
Plus: A Suitcase That Weights Itself: Bluesmart holds your stuff like other suitcases do—and can tell if you’re going to have to pay extra at bag check (it has an internal scale). It also locks from your phone, tells you where it is, and comes with a built-in battery to charge devices en route. Now if only it could fold a shirt. (bluesmart.com, $339)
Via Conde Nast Traveler
The Miami Design District welcomed a new major player to it’s ultra luxury neighborhood last night and WGY was there to share this amazing evening with everyone involved. The new Miami boutique is absolutely stunning and the location surrounds some of the top luxury brands in the world.
Founder of Jason of Beverly Hills, Jason Arasheben, and Lisa Arasheben; Chief Operating Officer of Jason of Beverly Hills, Brandt Branand; Washington Wizards player Drew Gooden; NBA player Mickael Pietrus; Berthil Espegren, Ausbert de Arce, Benny Bloch, Brenda Nestor Castellano and Bobby Castellano, Carly Patterson, Christina Getty, Elysze Held, Fabian Basabe, Fabiana Bosca, Farah Abassi and Benny Aboud, Hello Campos, Hilda Morello, Nick Betancourt, Petra Mason, Richard Jay-Alexander, Stephanie Gold, Vivienne and Cristian del Rio.
Jason Arasheben hosted an “Eyes Wide Shut”-themed soiree to celebrate the opening of his new Jason of Beverly Hills store in the Design District’s Palm Court. Guests, surrounded by over-the-top jewelry and timepieces, enjoyed signature cocktails by Moscai and canapes served by runway servers wearing lace masks as well as “forbidden” fruits from a living wall of edibles. Guests also mixed and mingled to the sultry house beats by DJ Tavin Reiter.
Jason of Beverly Hills is the jeweler of choice for modern style icons including Iggy Azalea, Jennifer Lopez, John Legend, Madonna and Rihanna.
About Jason of Beverly Hills
Founded in 2002, Jason of Beverly Hills immediately sent shock waves throughout the luxury market with outrageous, over the top diamond pieces. The company, owned and operated by designer Jason Arasheben, has brought a new sheen to the industry catering specifically to trendsetters in movies, music, sports and fashion.
What started as a dream has now evolved into a multimillion-dollar operation. Unafraid to take risks and push the limits of conventionalism, Jason of Beverly Hills has rapidly gained a reputation for creating one-of-a-kind diamond pieces for clients such as Princess Latifa Al Saud of Saudi Arabia, Sean “Diddy” Combs, Jennifer Lopez, Kim Kardashian, Matthew McConaughey and the late Michael Jackson. The brand has made dozens of headlines in publications spanning from People and US Weekly Magazine to USA Today and has been recognized as the go-to jeweler to the stars by FORBES.com, Yahoo and numerous online media outlets. Currently Jason of Beverly Hills has four other boutique locations: inside the Cosmopolitan Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, NV, within The Beverly Wilshire Hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills, in the Ritz-Carlton in Charlotte, NC
WGY: Tell us about your experience at Paris Fashion Week… What were the highlights?
Paris Fashion Week was an amazing experience because I was able to form relationships with many high end international brands that I had yet to meet in person. I also got to attend the runway shows of some of my favorite brands like Louis Vuitton, Chloe, and Stella McCartney. The nightlife was fun too. I felt like a local being there – it was 11 days!
WGY: What has the highlight of being a WGY member been so far?
Getting upgrades to Prince de Galles Paris hotel for the price of a standard room!
WGY: Would you recommend WGY to your friends and colleagues?
Yes, it’s an amazing experience with luxury perks and makes traveling that much easier!!
WGY: We know you love music and are practicing your DJ skills. What songs/artists are on your travel playlist right now?
WGY: What’s your #1 traveling tip?
Overpack! You can never have too many options.
WGY: We know you love traveling, so we want to ask some of your favorites in our some of our favorite cities…
– Fav restaurant and what must we order? Soho Beach House, love the cafe there. Must order the kale salad.
– Fav club? LIV
– Fav hotel? The Edition
– Fav restaurant and what must we order? Jacks Wife Freda and you have to get the avocado toast
– Fav club? Gilded Lily
– Fav hotel? Bowery Hotel
– Fav restaurant and what must we order? Gracias Madre and order their Gracias Madre salad
– Fav club? Hooray Henry’s
– Fav hotel? Chateau Marmont
New York Fashion Week has officially kicked off! Below are my Fashion Week Survival Tips. If you want to ask me any #NYFW questions (or any questions at all), tweet me @MicahJesse.
1. Pack & Carry a Survival Kit! If you’re going to be on the go, you’ll want to have some survival items ready to go such as: umbrella (snow! rain!), a pen, notepad, camera (other than your phone), deodorant, tooth brush, dry shampoo, Advil, comb, lipstick, chargers (iPhone, iPad, MacBook), etc.
2. Get as much sleep as possible! If you’re a blogger/editor/model/makeup artist or just a fashion fanatic, you may find it hard to find some time for ZzZ’s during all of the hoopla at Fashion Week. Don’t be afraid to take a night off, you party animal! You’ll really want to push for a realistic 5 hours (minimum) if you want to make it the entire week.
3. Take your vitamins! With the cold weather, lack of sleep, and consumption of alcohol and salty passed food at Fashion Week events, your body will inevitably lose steam… You’ll want to start your day by taking a multi, Vitamin C and D at the very least to keep your body in tip top shape.
4. Moisturize! Moisturize your face and lips because the central air in the tents and many of the venues will dry you out like the desert. Bring a bottle of Mario Badescu or your favorite skin care product in your bag.
5. Charge your devices the night before! Make sure your phone, iPad, MacBook, etc. are all charged up for the long day and night. Bring a charger or a Mophie case for extra support.
6. Make A Schedule! With so many events around town, you’ll want to make sure your schedule is on point so you’re not (fashionably) late. Spend a few days leading up to Fashion Week plugging all your dates, times and venues into your Google calendar. This will help ensure you don’t forget about your commitments or double book.
7. Your network is your net worth! You never know who you’ll be sitting next to at a runway show or bumping shoulders with at an after party. Say hello to everyone. Hand out your business cards. Send a follow up greeting.
For more tips, interviews, and BTS action from everything from The GRAMMYs to Fashion Week check out MicahJesse.com and follow @MicahJesse on Twitter/Instagram.
For booking inquiries, please contact your WGY Life Stylist at Info@wgylifestyle.com or 888-WGY-0808.